This pie offers classic Greek flavors.
- 1 12- to 14-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh minced oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 10 to 15 thinly sliced red onion rings, or to taste
- 11/2 cups shredded low-fat, regular or soy mozzarella
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored, seeds removed and diced into small pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped or sliced pitted black Greek kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prebake fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread tomato sauce on pizza crust. Sprinkle pizza with oregano, arrange onion rings on sauce and top with mozzarella. Sprinkle feta cheese, tomatoes and olives over mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese melts. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 910 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g