For added goodness in this salad, we've included Yukon gold potatoes, bright bell peppers, pickled peppers and a little smoked tofu.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- 4 oz. smoked or baked marinated tofu, diced
- 8 pepperoncini (Italian pickled peppers)
- 3 Tbs. vegetable juice, such as V8
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. liquid from pepperoncini jar
- 1 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 cup mixed yellow pear and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold or small red potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 4 oz. green beans, trimmed (1 cup)
- In large saucepan, combine potatoes and lightly salted water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Set aside.
- Make dressing: In glass jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients with 1 tablespoon water. Shake to blend.
- In large serving dish or on platter, arrange potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, tofu and pepperoncini. Pour dressing over and serve.
- Serving Size: 10 servings
- Calories: 109
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 9 mg