This zesty stew tastes just as good _if made the day beforebut don't add the herbs or cheese (if using) until you've reheated it.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large baking potatoes (1 1/4 lbs.), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz. feta cheese, cut into chunks (1 cup; optional)
Meal plan: A fresh, crusty bread, such as sourdough, makes an excellent partner. To round out the meal, serve a big spinach salad with some chickpeas tossed in.
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes until well combined. Add 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook until potatoes are halfway tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, green beans, tomatoes (with liquid) and oregano. Return to a simmer, cover and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Ladle stew into shallow bowls and sprinkle some feta over each serving if desired.
- Serving Size: 6 to 8 servings
- Calories: 173
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 411 mg