Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This zesty stew tastes just as good _if made the day beforebut don’t add the herbs or cheese (if using) until you’ve reheated it.
Meal plan: A fresh, crusty bread, such as sourdough, makes an excellent partner. To round out the meal, serve a big spinach salad with some chickpeas tossed in.
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes until well combined. Add 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook until potatoes are halfway tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, green beans, tomatoes (with liquid) and oregano. Return to a simmer, cover and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Ladle stew into shallow bowls and sprinkle some feta over each serving if desired.
- Serving Size 6 to 8 servings
- Calories 173
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 411 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g