Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Chef Nicole Palitti tucks these burgers inside pitas with feta and tomatoes.
To make Burgers:
1. Cook lentils according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté 7 minutes. Stir in garlic.
3. Blend chickpeas, parsley, olives, eggs, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in food processor 2 minutes, or until smooth. Stir chickpea mixture, breadcrumbs, carrots and baking powder into lentils. Shape into 8 patties. Layer patties between plastic wrap and freeze.
To make Tzatziki Sauce:
4. Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
5. Preheat grill to high. Brush frozen patties with oil, and cook 6 minutes on each side. Serve burgers with sauce.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 262
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 656 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g