Recipe by Chef Olivia Roszkowski, Natural Gourmet Institute
- Six half-cup servingsServings
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 3/4 pound green beans, stemmed and cut in half diagonally
- 2 1/4 teaspoons mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Roast nuts until centers are golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Set them aside to cool; then place them in a towel and rub between palms to loosen skins.
3. Blanch beans in salted water until tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. Shock and drain.
4. In small bowl, combine mustard, vinegar and salt. Whisk in oils until emulsified.
5. Place beans in a medium bowl. Pour dressing over beans; toss to combine.
6. Chop nuts coarsely and add to beans along with onion, right before serving.
7. Adjust seasonings and serve.