This recipe originally appeared in Clean Eating Magazine.For more healthy recipes, visit cleaneating.com/recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 4 oz (6 stalks) asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby mixed greens
- ½ jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¾ tsp black pepper, divided
- 1¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350°. Coat an 8 x 8–inch glass baking dish or pie plate with ½ tbsp oil.
2. In a medium skillet on medium-high, heat remaining ½ tbsp oil. Add asparagus, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add onions, baby greens, and jalapeños, and sauté, 1 minute. Transfer to baking dish.
3. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon zest and juice, ½ tsp pepper, and salt. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle yeast on top. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until center is firm. Turn oven to broil on high, and cook for 2 minutes. Let cool.
4. Meanwhile, prepare mash: Add avocado, lime zest and juice, cilantro, and remaining ¼ tsp black pepper to a food processor and purée until smooth. (Alternatively, mash by hand in a bowl.) Quarter frittata, and split among four plates. Top each slice with a dollop of mash.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Cholesterol Content: 375 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 284 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g