Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This recipe originally appeared in Clean Eating Magazine.For more healthy recipes, visit cleaneating.com/recipes.
1. Heat oven to 350°. Coat an 8 x 8–inch glass baking dish or pie plate with ½ tbsp oil.
2. In a medium skillet on medium-high, heat remaining ½ tbsp oil. Add asparagus, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add onions, baby greens, and jalapeños, and sauté, 1 minute. Transfer to baking dish.
3. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon zest and juice, ½ tsp pepper, and salt. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle yeast on top. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until center is firm. Turn oven to broil on high, and cook for 2 minutes. Let cool.
4. Meanwhile, prepare mash: Add avocado, lime zest and juice, cilantro, and remaining ¼ tsp black pepper to a food processor and purée until smooth. (Alternatively, mash by hand in a bowl.) Quarter frittata, and split among four plates. Top each slice with a dollop of mash.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 295
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 375 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 284 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g