This cheesy springtime dip is perfect with any type of flat bread. We’ve made our own from toasted pitas, but feel free to substitute another crunchy favorite.
- 4 whole-wheat pita rounds, cut into wedges
- 3 Tbs. garlic olive oil, divided
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange pita wedges on baking sheet and brush with 2 Tbs. oil. Bake 15 minutes, or until chips are crisp.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leeks, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add marjoram and broth, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes. Add peas, and cook 1 minute more. Let cool slightly.
- Place mixture in food processor, and blend until smooth. Crumble goat cheese over pea mixture and stir slightly, leaving streaks of cheese visible. Serve with pita chips.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 187
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 233 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g