Freshly brewed green tea lends a deliciously subtle, grassy flavor to this light rice dish. Serve with low-sodium soy sauce and chili oil, if desired.
- 1-cup servingServings
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 11/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
1. Place tea bags in 4-cup measuring cup, and cover with 3 cups water. Steep 7 to 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
2. Combine rice, garlic, ginger, and tea in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add frozen vegetables, and cover pan again. Cook 5 to 10 more minutes, or until tea is absorbed and vegetables are hot and crisp-tender. Stir in green onions and sesame seeds, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 169
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 305 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g