At Axe Restaurant in Los Angeles, this flavorful spread is served with grilled flatbread and roasted vegetables.
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan large enough to hold all the ingredients. Add the onion and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until it starts to brown, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook briefly (don’t let it burn), and then add the shredded chard and kale.
2. Cook for a few minutes until the greens reduce in size. Add raisins, capers, and just enough water to cover the greens. Cover the pan and cook until the liquid is almost gone, about 10 to 15 minutes. Taste and add salt as needed.
3. Spread the greens mixture on a sheet pan to cool.
4. Once cooled, transfer to a cutting board and add the walnuts. Chop roughly to make a chunky relish, or more finely
to make a spreadable mixture. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This recipe was printed with permission from chef Joanna Moore of Axe Restaurant in Los Angeles.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g