- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1 or 2 T raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large mangos OR 2 kiwi fruit and 4 peaches OR 5 strawberries and rings from 1 medium pineapple
- Mint or basil leaves for garnish
1. Peel and core fruits of choice, and cut into thick slices.
2. Place vinegar, sugar, and spices into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook 4-5 minutes, until the liquid decreases by half. Coat a grill or a grill plate with nonstick spray, and heat on high. Grill the fruit on each side (2-4 minutes) until slight grill marks appear, then turn and do the same on the other side. Transfer fruit to a platter, and drizzle with the reduced sauce. Garnish with herb leaves.
Recipe fromThe Yoga Body Dietused with permission.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 servings