Grilling produces an exceptionally light and crisp pizza crust. You will need a covered charcoal grill or gas grill with 2 burners to properly grill pizza using indirect heat. If time is limited, you can also use prepared or purchased pizza dough.
- Pizza dough: In food processor, combine flour, cornmeal, yeast, salt and sugar and pulse on and off to mix. In small saucepan or glass measuring cup, combine 2/3 cup water and 1 teaspoon oil. Heat on stovetop or in microwave until hot to the touch. An instant-read thermometer should register between 110°F and 120°F.
- With food processor motor running, gradually pour hot liquid through feed tube. Process until dough forms a ball, then process for 1 minute to knead. (If mixture is too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water.)
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes. (Dough can be prepared 1 day ahead and refrigerated.)
- Meanwhile, in large pot, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring, until just softened, 30 to 60 seconds. Add spinach and cook, tossing with tongs, just until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain spinach mixture in colander, pressing out moisture.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in spinach mixture, feta and dill.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking: If using charcoal grill, build a hot fire in one half of grill. If using gas grill, preheat one burner on high, leaving the other unlit.
- Dust 2 baking sheets with cornmeal. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece into 8-inch circle. Place 2 dough circles on each prepared baking sheet. Bring crusts and spinach topping to grill.
- Using your hands, transfer 2 dough circles to hot side of grill. Cover grill and cook until dough has puffed and underside is light golden, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Using tongs, flip crusts over and place on cooler side of grill. Spread one-quarter of topping (about 1 cup) over each crust. Top with half of tomatoes. Cover and cook until crusts are crisp and topping is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining crusts,
- topping and tomatoes. Serve right away.
- Serving Size 8 servings
- Calories 475
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 447 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g