For best results, prepare the polenta the day before you grill it so it has enough time to become firm and sliceable.
- Per sliceServings
- 1 1/2 cups fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. olive oil or butter, plus more oil for grilling
- Lightly coat 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick olive-oil spray and set aside. In medium saucepan, combine 4 1/4 cups water, cornmeal and salt; whisk well. Cook polenta, whisking constantly, until it starts to thicken. Add oil or butter and cook over low heat, stirring with wooden spoon and adding more water if necessary, a tablespoon at a time, to keep polenta from becoming too thick, about 30 minutes. Scrape polenta into prepared pan and smooth top. Cool, then cover pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat gas grill to medium or prepare charcoal fire. When ready to grill, remove polenta from pan and cut into 1-inch-thick slices. Brush both sides with oil and grill for 3 or 4 minutes each side. Serve grilled polenta hot with grilled ratatouille.
- Serving Size: 8 servings
- Calories: 146
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 445 mg