Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Keep a package of prepared polenta on hand so you can put together this speedy warm weather entrée at a moment’s notice.
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill on high.
- Salad: Halve each tomato crosswise and gently squeeze seeds into small bowl. Strain tomato juices into large bowl; discard seeds. Dice tomatoes and set aside.
- Add vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper to juices in bowl and mix to blend. Add diced tomatoes, beans, scallions, basil and olives; toss well.
- Cut polenta into eight 1/2-inch-thick slices; save remainder for another use. Place slices on baking sheet. Brush both sides of slices with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Lightly oil grill rack and grill polenta until nicely browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Divide bean salad among plates. Top with grilled polenta, garnish with basil sprigs and serve right away.
- Serving Size 4 servings
- Calories 417
- Carbohydrate Content 66 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 515 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g