Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You can make this extremely simple recipe indoors under the broiler in chilly weatheror even over hot coals outdoors.
- Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme and zest in bowl and whisk.
- Scrape off black gills under mushroom caps and discard. Wipe caps with damp cloth. Brush mushrooms generously with balsamic mixture and grill quickly over hot coals or under broiler.
- Brush peppers and onions with balsamic mixture and cook until crisp-tender.
- Slice vegetables thickly on diagonal, toss gently and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on plates with greens and sprouts.
Try a rich Cabernet, Merlot or Syrah.
- Serving Size SERVES 8 AS SIDE DISH
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 10 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g