This chewy, juicy version of the New Orleans sandwich calls for grilled veggies instead of deep-fried seafood.
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, such as Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into strips
- 8 large portobello mushroom caps, stemmed
- 8 Portuguese rolls or Hoagie rolls
1. Combine pesto and cream cheese in small bowl.
2. Heat grill, or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat zucchini and mushroom caps with cooking spray, and place on grill. Cook zucchini 10 minutes and mushrooms 15 minutes, or until tender, turning once or twice. Transfer to plate, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread 2 Tbs. pesto mixture over insides of rolls. Fill each roll with 2 zucchini halves and 1 mushroom.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 402
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 794 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g