Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These versatile mushrooms may be served on a large kaiser roll, on a plate as an appetizer, or grilled and served as a main course with vegetables and a pasta salad. Use homemade or commercial pesto.
- Stir together pesto and olive oil, and set aside. Scrape off black gills under mushroom caps, and discard. Spoon 2 tablespoons pesto mixture into each mush- room cap.
- Mix feta cheese with tomatoes, and divide evenly among mushrooms. Wrap each mushroom in plastic wrap, and chill.
- Set and light charcoal fire, if using, about 30 minutes before serving. Otherwise, heat gas grill at serving time. Cook mushrooms over medium heat on grill for 10 to 20 minutes, or until soft when pierced with knife. Remove from heat, and serve.
There are few things that go together as well as pesto, mushrooms and feta cheese—except pesto, mushrooms, feta cheese and Pinot Noir! Try this dish with a full-bodied, American Pinot, such as Steele Carneros Pinot Noir.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 31 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 680 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g