If you’ve never grilled potatoes before, you’re in for a real treat. It is easier than you think and worth the effort.
- 3 lbs. small red potatoes, halved
- 1 cup thin green beans or haricot verts, cut into 3-inch pieces and blanched
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place potatoes in steamer basket that has been set in large saucepan. Steam over boiling water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Remove steamer basket from water.
- Prepare charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium-high heat. (Using a vegetable grilling rack will help keep potatoes from slipping through grates.) Brush potatoes with a little olive oil and grill until tender and tinged with brown, turning often, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, shallots and lemon peel. Slowly whisk in oil until blended. Stir in parsley.
- Transfer potatoes to shallow serving bowl. Add green beans, dill and cheese if using. Pour 3⁄4 cup dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 10 Servings
- Calories: 227
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 55 mg