Brush thick slices of crusty bread with olive oil and grill alongside the vegetables for a tasty side dish.
- Prepare charcoal grill or preheat gas grill on medium-high heat.
- On baking sheet, place eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper and onion. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn to coat.
- Place vegetables on grilling rack. Cook vegetables until tender and tinged with brown, turning frequently, about 6 minutes for eggplant and zucchini and 10 minutes for peppers and onion.
- In large bowl, place vegetables. Add balsamic vinegar and toss to coat. Divide vegetables between two plates. Sprinkle with cheese and basil and serve.
- Calories: 250
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g