Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Textures and flavors come together in this Mexican-inspired bounty. See also Caribbean Black Beans with Mango Salsa
1. In a large saucepan, bring millet and 2 cups water to a boil; cover and simmer until water is absorbed and millet is fluffy, about 20–25 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat grill over high. Brush bell pepper, zucchini, squash, and corn with 2 tbsp oil. Sprinkle with salt and transfer to grill. Cook, turning often, until vegetables start to soften, 4–5 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut off corn kernels. Slice peppers into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
3. In a blender, process cocoa powder, Worcestershire sauce, honey or stevia, chili, cayenne (if desired), 1/4 cup cold water, remaining 2 tbsp oil, and 1/2 cup grilled red bell pepper until smooth.
4. Divide greens, millet, black beans, grilled vegetables, and corn kernels among four plates. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info: 504 calories per serving, 17 g fat (2 g saturated), 76 g carbohydrates, 16 g fiber, 20 g protein, 684 mg sodium
- Serving Size 4
- Calories 504
- Carbohydrate Content 76 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 16 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g