Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Grilled sweet potatoes require close attentionbut the results are worth it. Slice them too thick, and they wont cook through; slice them too thin, and theyll char quickly. So slice carefully, and keep an eye on the grill.
- Prepare medium-low charcoal fire, or preheat gas grill (or broiler).
- To make Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette: Combine lime zest, juice and vinegar in large bowl. Whisk in oil until completely blended. Stir in cilantro, garlic and salt.
- To make Sweet Potatoes: Add potato slices to vinaigrette, and let marinate a few minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer potato slices to grill. Turn occasionally, basting with remaining vinaigrette, and cook until tender when pierced with fork, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Return grilled potatoes to vinaigrette. Add red pepper, scallions, juice, salt and pepper; toss gently. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size SERVES 4
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 55 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g