Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
To make Parmesan shavings, start with a chunk of cheese that’s at least 4 ounces. Use a swivel-edged vegetable peeler to shave off attractive curls, letting them fall onto a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill on high. Set a vegetable grill topper on rack to heat.
- Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients along with 1 tablespoon water.
- Place greens in large bowl and set aside. Spread mushrooms, onions, bell pepper and tomatoes on 2 baking sheets. Brush vegetables all over with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil grill topper. Grill vegetables in batches until nicely browned and tender, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer cooked vegetables to baking sheet. Grill bread alongside vegetables until lightly toasted. Immediately rub warm grilled bread with cut sides of garlic.
- Add grilled vegetables and vinaigrette to greens and toss well. Divide salad among plates and sprinkle Parmesan shavings on top. Serve right away with garlic bread.
- Serving Size 4 servings
- Calories 420
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 498 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g