30 minutes or fewer
Use tortilla chips to finish off any extra toppings from this zesty favorite. Adapted from Better Burger, NYC.
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced plum tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. minced jalapeño
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes halved, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 1 tsp. diced jalapeños
- 1 tsp. minced cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 6 vegetarian hot dogs
- 6 whole wheat buns
- To make Guacamole: Slice avocados in half, and remove pits. Peel and dice avocado. Place in glass, ceramic or other nonreactive mixing bowl, add lime juice and gently toss. Add onion, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeño, and mix with fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat electric or stove-top grill.
- To make Salsa Cruda: Combine all ingredients in small bowl, and set aside.
- To prepare Hot Dogs: Split hot dogs lengthwise until nearly halved. Spray grill with cooking spray. Open each hot dog out almost flat, and place on grill. Weight down, if possible, to increase amount of surface touching grill; turn to grill other side.
- Put hot dogs split-side up in buns, and layer guacamole and salsa on top.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 380 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g