Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
Use tortilla chips to finish off any extra toppings from this zesty favorite. Adapted from Better Burger, NYC.
- To make Guacamole: Slice avocados in half, and remove pits. Peel and dice avocado. Place in glass, ceramic or other nonreactive mixing bowl, add lime juice and gently toss. Add onion, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeño, and mix with fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat electric or stove-top grill.
- To make Salsa Cruda: Combine all ingredients in small bowl, and set aside.
- To prepare Hot Dogs: Split hot dogs lengthwise until nearly halved. Spray grill with cooking spray. Open each hot dog out almost flat, and place on grill. Weight down, if possible, to increase amount of surface touching grill; turn to grill other side.
- Put hot dogs split-side up in buns, and layer guacamole and salsa on top.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 380 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g