Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
1. Prepare Brussels sprouts: Brussels may be sliced by hand (1/8 inch), with a Japanese mandolin, or in a food processor with shredding attachment.
2. In large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with lemon juice.
3. In large sauté pan (at least 12 inches), heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add diced carrots and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of wine, lower heat and continue to cook until carrots are bright orange but still crunchy.
4. Add Brussels sprouts, garlic, poppy seeds and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add remaining ¼ cup of wine. Cook until Brussels sprouts are tender (about 3-4 minutes).
5. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley.
See Also: Tabouleh
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g