This salad includes two staples of the Caribbean islesavocado and hearts of palm, whose delicate flavors complement each other well.
- 3 ripe medium avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 14-oz. can hearts of palm, drained and cubed
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- In large bowl, combine avocados, hearts of palm and onion; toss lightly.
- Make vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice and mustard until well blended. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Stir in basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add enough vinaigrette to avocado mixture to lightly coat; toss gently.
- Divide greens among 4 plates and serve salad over mixed greens.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 256 mg