Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This salad includes two staples of the Caribbean islesavocado and hearts of palm, whose delicate flavors complement each other well.
- In large bowl, combine avocados, hearts of palm and onion; toss lightly.
- Make vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice and mustard until well blended. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Stir in basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add enough vinaigrette to avocado mixture to lightly coat; toss gently.
- Divide greens among 4 plates and serve salad over mixed greens.
- Serving Size 6 Servings
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 256 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g