Everybody loves breakfast for dinner; besides, this hearty hash is just too good to eat only in the morning!
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 6 oz. ground soy “meat”
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato and onion, and sauté 10 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Reduce heat to medium, add corn and garlic, and sauté mixture 2 minutes more.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and stir in soy “meat.” Stir in eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste; cook 5 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, spoon hash onto individual plates and garnish each serving with sprinkling of parsley.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 258
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 212 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 381 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g