- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbs. confectioners’ sugar
- 5 1/3 Tbs. ( 1/3 cup) stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium egg or equivalent Egg Replacer or 2 Tbs. firm tofu
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Have ready a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In large bowl, mix 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, confectioners’ sugar and margarine until crumbly. Press mixture into ungreased pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
- In small bowl using electric mixer, beat egg, Egg Replacer or tofu, granulated sugar, orange juice concentrate and lemon juice until pale and well blended. Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, lemon peel and baking powder.
- Pour lemon mixture over crust, return to oven and bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Set pan on wire rack to cool completely. When cool, cut into bars.
- Serving Size: Makes 16 bars
- Calories: 112
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 61 mg