To make these a day ahead, follow steps 1, 2 and 3, then cover and refrigerate the pastries on the baking sheet. These are rich, so allow one per person.
- 4 oz. chopped frozen spinach, thawed (about 1 cup)
- 1 5.2-oz. pkg. light garlic-and-fine-herb soft cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 9-inch prepared refrigerated pie pastries or 1 17.3-oz. pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400F (unless making ahead). Squeeze out all excess moisture from spinach. Blend spinach with cheese and pecans in small bowl.
- Place piecrusts or puff pastry sheets on work surface. Cut 12 circles from dough using 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Beat egg with 1 Tbs. water; brush edges of pastry circles with egg wash.
- Put 2 tsp. spinach mixture in center of each round, fold in half and crimp edges with fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops of pastries with egg wash. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Serves 12
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 38 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 212 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g