Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
Small butter lettuce leaves are used as edible mini serving bowls for a delicate salad of spring peas and fresh herbs. Recipe from Gisele Perez, Small Pleasures Catering, Los Angeles.
- To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients except oil in medium bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- To make Lettuce Cups: Preheat oven to 325F. Spread almonds on baking sheet and toast 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Toss peas, dill and toasted almonds with 9 Tbs. vinaigrette in small bowl.
- Place large spoonful of pea salad in center of each butter lettuce leaf or “cup.” Drizzle each cup with 1 tsp. vinaigrette. Set on serving tray and serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels until ready to serve.
- Serving Size Serves 10 (makes 30 lettuce cups)
- Calories 69
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 29 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g