Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Placing hot kebabs directly on a bed of baby spinach, then topping with warm sauce wilts the spinach, adding a tender texture.
1. Whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chile paste in saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and transfer to small bowl.
2. Thread each of 4 skewers with 6 plum slices, 5 green onion batons, and 4 sausage chunks.
3. Oil grill grates, and preheat grill to medium. Place kebabs on grill, close hood, and cook 4 minutes. Turn, close hood again, and cook 4 minutes more, or until plums are tender. Transfer kebabs to platter, and brush with half of hoisin mixture.
4. Divide spinach among 4 serving plates. Top with kebabs, and drizzle with remaining hoisin mixture.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 773 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g