Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You haven’t tasted ginger ale until you’ve had a glass of this brew . . . you’ll never go back to the canned stuff again! The fresh ginger adds zip without being too spicy. And besides being totally irresistible, it’s super-simple to make.
- Bring sugar, ginger, cinnamon stick and 2 cups water to a boil in large saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes, then remove from heat, and stir in cayenne pepper. Let cool.
- Strain liquid into small pitcher, and discard ginger and cinnamon. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve: Ladle 1/4 cup ginger syrup into tumbler filled with ice. Top with 3/4 cup sparkling water, and stir.
- Serving Size Makes 16 servings
- Calories 103
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 12 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g