The oven does all the work in this recipe. As the quince bakes, it fills the kitchen with delicious aromas.
- serving (1/2 quince and 1/4 cup yogurt)Servings
- 4 medium quince, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1/2 cup plus 6 Tbs. honey, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Arrange quince in baking dish.
2. Combine 1/2 cup honey, orange juice, ginger, and 1 cup water in saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute.
3. Pour honey mixture over quince, cover tightly with foil, and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hour, or until quince is pale pink and tender. Cool, covered, in baking dish.
4. Whisk together yogurt, remaining 6 Tbs. honey, and cardamom in small bowl.
5. Place 2 quince slices in each serving bowl. Top with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture. Drizzle with cooking juices.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 181
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 46 mg
- Sugar Content: 35 g