Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The oven does all the work in this recipe. As the quince bakes, it fills the kitchen with delicious aromas.
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Arrange quince in baking dish.
2. Combine 1/2 cup honey, orange juice, ginger, and 1 cup water in saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute.
3. Pour honey mixture over quince, cover tightly with foil, and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hour, or until quince is pale pink and tender. Cool, covered, in baking dish.
4. Whisk together yogurt, remaining 6 Tbs. honey, and cardamom in small bowl.
5. Place 2 quince slices in each serving bowl. Top with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture. Drizzle with cooking juices.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 181
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 46 mg
- Sugar Content 35 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g