This simple spring recipe showcases the flavor of robust, dark-hued honeys, such as buckwheat, chestnut, or thyme. If you like more tang, increase the amount of vinegar to 2 tablespoons.
- 3/4-cup servingServings
- 6 large carrots, halved and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (4 cups)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced into thin rings (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place carrots and shallots in nonstick skillet, and heat over medium heat. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
2. Stir in honey, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Partially cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Uncover, stir in vinegar, and increase heat to medium-high.
3. Cook 2 minutes more. Stir in parsley, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 126
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 62 mg
- Sugar Content: 27 g