Heres a heart- and hand-warming sandwich for a special winter lunch. Best of all, if you want to splurge, youll have enough for extras or for leftovers the next day. Hot lemon tea and salad with vinaigrette add a tangy touch. How about a heart-shaped chocolate cake for dessert?
- 2 mini baguettes, about 5 oz. each
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts, well drained
- 4 pieces hearts of palm, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbs. soy mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs. shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried onion flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice tops off baguettes about 1/4 inch down. Scoop out centers, and save for making breadcrumbs. Set baguettes aside on 2 sheets of foil, ready for wrapping.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, and stir together to mix well. Spoon equal amounts of mixture into each baguette, put baguette tops on filling and wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until cheese melts and baguettes are heated through. Unwrap, and serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 750 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g