The light and dry, perfect-for-kapha grains in this mix (brown rice, corn, buckwheat and sorghum) are peppered with just the right amount of pungent spices to make this breakfast a lean, mean, start-your-day machine for us earth and water types.
- 3/4 C water
- 1-inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- 1/4 C Bobs Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal
- 1 T almond, hempseed, or rice milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- Dash cayenne or fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey or frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries, optional
In a small saucepan, bring the water, ginger and optional cinnamon to a boil over high heat. Stir in the cereal and immediately reduce the heat to low. Stir continuously, until the cereal and water are well blended.
Cover and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Remove the cinnamon stick. Stir in the milk, remaining spices, and sweetener. Top with berries.
Recipe copyright Talya Lutzker and Talya's Kitchen, 2014