Using hard-boiled eggs and draining the prepared salsa creates a simple, irresistible twist on two favorite Mexican dishes—soft tacos and huevos rancheros.
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 4 low-fat or low-carb 8-inch flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Place salsa in strainer over bowl or in sink to drain excess liquid. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread tortillas with 3 Tbs. refried beans each. Arrange 5 or 6 slices of egg on bottom half of each tortilla. Top each with 3 Tbs. salsa. Fold tortillas in half.
- Warm in microwave on high power 1 minute, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 178
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 159 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 595 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g