These savory patties go together in no time and taste great as a base for a chunky tomato sauce or the Caponata Stew. Try making mini-versions as hors d’oeuvres—just reduce the baking time to 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed, divided
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup tahini (or unsweetened peanut butter)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Process 2 1/4 cups chickpeas, green onions, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and salt in food processor until coarsely chopped and combined. Transfer to bowl, and stir in remaining chickpeas.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape chickpea mixture into 12 patties. Spray tops of patties with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 209
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 481 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g