- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16-oz. can garbanzo beans, reserve liquid, rinse and drain
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 large or 2 medium seedless cucumbers, unpeeled
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- In food processor, combine garlic and garbanzo beans; process until beans are coarsely chopped. With motor running, add olive oil and lemon juice through feed tube; process until almost smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary. Add sesame oil and salt; process until well blended. Stir in olives and mint. Cover; chill at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Attractively score cucumber lengthwise with tines of fork. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Using a metal measuring teaspoon or melon baller, scoop out a small indentation in each cucumber slice and spoon heaping teaspoon hummus into each cucumber cup.
- Arrange on serving platter. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 1 hour before serving. Garnish platter with mint sprigs if desired.
- Serving Size: Makes 32
- Calories: 29
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 59 mg