Reinvent the breakfast parfait by freezing its basic ingredients (yogurt, granola, and fruit) into ice pops. Here, we used berries that are high in antioxidants such as vitamins C and A, which protect your body from free radicals-unstable molecules that can damage cells.
These recipes originally appeared in Clean Eating Magazine. For more healthy recipes, visit cleaneating.com.
1. Heat oven to 300°. In a bowl, combine oats, cashews, and flaxseeds. Drizzle with 1 tbsp honey and oil, and stir to coat. Spread onto a large, rimmed, parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Let cool, about 15 minutes.
2. In the same bowl, combine yogurt, milk, remaining 2 tbsp honey, and vanilla. Spoon mixture into molds, filling them halfway. Divide half of the berries among molds. Using a chopstick or spoon, press berries down and against the sides of the mold. Top with half the granola. Repeat layers with remaining yogurt mixture, berries, and granola. Add a stick to each mold.
3. Freeze until set, at least 4 hours. To release pops, run mold under warm water until loose.
- Serving Size 1
- Calories 145
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g