Prepared salsa isn’t just a dip for chips. It’s also a perfectly seasoned tomato sauce whose cooking possibilities stretch way beyond Tex-Mex. Here, it’s used to spice up a veggie-laced curry that can be made in just 15 minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
- 1 1-lb. bag frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Coat saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Sauté vegetables, chickpeas, and curry powder 2 minutes.
- Add salsa, and simmer 5 minutes. Add broth and 2 cups water, and simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 116
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 602 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g