It’s worth turning on the oven for these old-fashioned summer favorites. (PS: You can also halve the recipe and just pop the small servings in a toaster oven to keep the kitchen cool!)
- 4 cups cooked corn kernels (about 6 ears of corn), divided
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 8 1/2-cup ramekins with cooking spray.
- Place 2 cups corn in bowl of food processor. Add cream, 1/4 cup green onions, Parmesan and eggs. Process until smooth. Transfer to large bowl with remaining corn. Stir to combine, and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture among prepared ramekins. Set ramekins in baking pan large enough to hold them, and add enough hot water to reach halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until tops are golden and firm. Remove ramekins from water bath using tongs. Sprinkle with green onions, and serve warm.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 102 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 101 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g