Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Many Moosewood patrons love the restaurants very versatile roasted vegetables, served with several variations. This version is dressed with Italian seasonings. Select at least four different vegetables, or follow the combination below. To speed preparation, parboil the harder, longer-cooking vegetables, such as sweet potatoes and potatoes, before roasting them.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Parboil potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots in boiling water to cover for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain well. In large bowl, combine parboiled vegetables with onions, zucchini and bell peppers.
- To make Italian Dressing: Place ingredients in bowl, and whisk together or purée in blender.
- Toss vegetables with dressing, and place in single layer on large unoiled baking tray.
- Bake vegetables, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender, about 45 minutes.
This dish is perfect for pairing with Viognier. One of the best wineries in Virginia makes one of the best American Viogniers. Try Horton Vineyards Viognier.
- Serving Size SERVES 4 TO 6
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 410 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g