Sure, the Pumpkin-Spiced Latte and the hundreds of offshoot products that it inspired might be the brunt of too many end-of-summer memes and stereotypes, but whether you’re team PSL or not, there’s no denying that there’s something magical about the flavor combo that drives 424 million dollars in sales a year for Starbucks. Well, we say save your bucks – and a whack of sugar and calories! – and make these light and fluffy grain-free Pumpkin Spiced Waffles instead!
Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Pecans
- Prepare waffles: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin purée and coconut oil. Whisk in almond milk and vanilla.
- To wet ingredients, add almond flour, collagen, coconut flour, monk fruit, flaxseed, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Preheat a waffle maker and grease with additional coconut oil. Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare pecans: In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, monk fruit and cinnamon. Add pecans and stir to coat. Transfer to a small pan over low heat and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring every minute to prevent burning. Season with salt.
- To serve, spread waffles with ghee and sprinkle with pecans.
- Serving Size 1⁄2 of recipe
- Calories 668
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 208 mg
- Fat Content 60 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 25 g
- Sodium Content 523 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 21 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 10 g