Master chef, author and teacher to a generation of famous chefs and millions of enthusiastic home cooks, award-winning Jacques Pépin is one of Americas best-known cooking teachers. His popular cooking shows include his 22-show series with Julia Child and also with his daughter, Claudine. Pépin loves cauliflower, and this composition makes a simple accompaniment to a hearty main course, or serve as a delicious appetizer.
- 1 firm cauliflower head, about 1 1/2 lbs., rimmed of green leaves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. peanut oil
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup finely minced scallions
- Divide cauliflower into 12 to 14 florets. Bring half inch water to a boil in stainless steel saucepan, and add florets. Cover and cook over high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender but still firm and most water evaporated.
- Transfer florets to serving bowl and immediately add remaining ingredients. Toss gently to coat cauliflower with mixture, and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers, and reheat as needed.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 170 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g