Seductive in flavor, rum-soaked dried fruit makes this cake incredibly moist. It’s a popular dessert throughout the islands of the Caribbean.
- Place dried fruit into medium bowl and pour over rum and dark beer. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a deep 9-inch round cake pan.
- Transfer dried fruit mixture with liquid to food processor or blender and process until a smooth pulp is formed, about 10 seconds. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together margarine and sugar with an electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, allspice, molasses and baking powder. Stir in flour, then pureed fruit until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove to wire rack and let cool to room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size 12 Servings
- Calories 349
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 259 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g