The sweet lushness of the mango, the acidity of the lime, the crunch of the tortillas and the refreshing crispness of the jicama and bell pepper—presented in an assortment of colors—make a treat for all the senses.
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 yellow corn tortillas, julienned
- 1 red corn tortilla, julienned
- 1 blue corn tortilla, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- In large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add tortilla strips to skillet and cook, turning often, until crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In medium bowl, pour lime juice. Gradually drizzle in olive oil while whisking. Season with salt to taste.
- In serving bowl, combine jicama, mango, bell pepper and cilantro. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Add fried tortillas and toss gently, being careful not to break them up too much. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Fat Content: 35 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 37 mg